For your well being/safety:
- Appropriate footwear should be worn at all times. Please ensure your golf shoes and spikes are clean and in good condition at all times
- Please avoid steep slopes as far as possible/ practicable
- Please avoid the ponds/stream on the course as far as possible/practicable
- Please avoid all wildlife as far as possible (e.g. adders) to avoid disturbance and to avoid possible injury.
- Only play your shot when you are sure other golfers/greens staff/others will not be in any danger from your golf ball
- Care should be taken whilst searching for balls. Burrowing animals, birds, etc. make holes and scrapes that can be difficult to see in long grass. Boughs of trees, brambles, stumps of trees and other undergrowth can be hazardous.
- Lightning: If there is a risk of lightning play must be discontinued and players must proceed in accordance with Rule 6-8 whether or not a klaxon is sounded.
- The fact that the course may not have been “officially” closed (e.g. due to fog, ice, etc.) does not warrant that it is fit for play. Players have a duty of care not to behave in such a way that they themselves or others may be injured by their actions. If conditions are foggy and you are unable to see where the ball is likely to land or ground conditions are such that it is impossible to judge how far the ball is likely to travel only play a shot that will land within view! Playing in such conditions is dangerous – players do so at their own risk!
Please familiarise yourself with the Health & Safety notices posted on the notice boards in the Changing Rooms at the Club prior to play.
Accidents/Illness/Injuries: If you have an accident/illness/injury whilst at the club, please see a member of staff who will be happy to assist.
Safe Golf: Delamere Forest Golf Club treats its responsibility towards the safeguarding of children, young people and adults as a key priority and is fully committed to the England Golf Safe Golf programme.
Equality, Diversity, Inclusion (EDI): Delamere Forest Golf Club actively supports the England Golf drive for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion within golf. Details of our EDI Policy can be found here.
For further information, please contact the Secretary in the first instance and should you have a more specific enquiry our Club Welfare Officer's contact details are available here.